Been so busy with working at the Farm & playing with the old camper, I once again have neglected you.. Hopefully these progress shots make up for it a little...
I moved the camper from the sheltered backyard to the hill garage area- Now THAT was a 25 minute job with potential of a cartoon ending. But I got there. By myself... just not straight. Thankfully these small campers can be lifted in the front with some help & maneuvered a bit.
This is the front side where I began using rubbing compound on the top before playing with the few coating of roofing elastomeric. If you remember from the first set of viewing, the oxidation was much harsher. That boat cleaner lightened it but did not get all the way through. Rubbing compound & a rotary buffer to the rescue! This is also the window I had to make my own glass holder framing. Hence that shiny aluminum trim on the big window.
Remember the roof at last viewing? I FINALLY got to a point of sealing. That back rectangle vent? yeah. Thats gotta go. All this work to seal it up & I discover that vent with windy rain make for a very wet interior. Searching out a small bit of sheet metal before I finish up there.
For removing the last bit of oxidation, I am using Rubbing compound with the buffer tool. Cuts through but it still takes some time & skill on a ladder...
Ahh, the back side. I have yet to do much here. The trim is not even back on. I did put new rubber gasket on the small window and replace window screws, rain drips.
Lots of work still to be done before the chill of Fall takes over & my non insulated self takes refuge inside... with that electric fireplace that came with it of course!
Hopefully I get the sealing all done so I can get the wood walls up & have the top half of the skins polished for their waxing. The bottom half will be painted in the Spring.
Now I must bid you adieu being the Farm will not sleep in for lil ol' me. and of course I wish you...