I'm guessing these 2 rabbits are not bred. They have been inside for a week and the last possible due date was yesterday. Going to rebreed. I know Don Julio is fertile since the doe we gave to Chris and Lisa (1 acre homestead) gave birth to 9 kits on the 22nd. Being a first time mom, she did not tend to them well and when discovered she gave birth, they were all dead. Which is why these 2 came inside for keeping a closer eye on them.They do not like to be separated and become agitated when we do, so I let them run together...Panda's garden is all set and ready to go. She will be tending this patch herself and selling its bounty by our driveway as a "roadside stand" called "Panda's heirloom garden produce". Making the chalkboard sign for her this week.See the small wood circle to the right in a corner? That is where she is growing her Peace symbol greens, just the spiral in my last post.
She has a bean arch for her snap peas and later rattlesnake pole beans. Space for her tomatoes, patty pan (white scallop flying saucer style) squash, lettuce and herbs. The watermelons (orange flesh) will be grown along the sides and one end. Plus she will have a few 5 gallon buckets to grow extra tomatoes like yellow pear and black cherry. Thinking we may let her grow some other things in a plastic sandbox.
The zip line needs tightened.Despite the high ends, it dips in the middle even for the kids. not very happy with the set up. May need to go out and buy longer cable to direct the zip line elsewhere up to 100 feet away. The kids still like playing on it. Made a filter for the indoor pond. Very easy to do and it keeps the water so clean and clear. If only you could have seen how it looked when I just had the fountain pump going... I had to clean it all out every few days. we have well water, so everything gets that "salty stain" look.I used a large index card plastic container with hinged snap lid.Holes were put through it with a flat head screw driver heated on the stove top. Left enough space for the fountain pump to be placed inside with the plastic woven furnace air filter, cut up into squares. The power cord goes out the back where I "hot cut" a flap. Here is a series to show how to do it for your small indoor pond.
And it costs me $4 to make it and have leftover filter for future changes. My fish are just fine with their frugal filter.
There are 2 pond orange fish, 3 wild minnow fish from a stream bed up in Geauga county we brought home last summer, plus an African clawed frog in there. It must work since they are still thriving and doing well. It has been in operaton for about 2 1/2 weeks. Just be sure to rinse that air filter very well BEFORE using it in the filter box. Their may be antibacterial agents on it from the factory.
I have a bad case of pink eye thanks to Lil' man's kindergarten class(got the letter how it is going around the school and I get it the next day), so I need to go apply the chammomile tea compress while its still warm. By the way, I caught his pink eye in it's first day and started the chammomile treatment immediatly. It was gone within 48 hours! Use the tea as warm/hot as you can stand on a washcloth dipped into it. Make sure it is wet well with the chammomile so some will find its way to drip into your eye. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and repeat every 2-3 hours untill it is gone.