ICE CREAM SANDWICHS!We like to make ours with homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. If homemade ice cream is not all gone, we use that. But any store bought Vanilla or yummy frozen yogurt ice cream will do. Here is a recipe we made for today's treat:
Chocolate chip oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwich's
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (OR use 1 cup all purpose flour and 1/2 cup cake flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or raisins
About 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chips; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- To make sandwiches, spread softened ice cream on bottom side of one cookie; top with second cookie. Wrap airtight; freeze.
Makes about 2 dozen ice cream sandwiches or in the case of our family more like 10 sandwich's.
On another note- Looks like one of the turkey chicks has a deformity. No surprise since they are commercial breed. Just feel bad for it when I see its one leg twist backwards. It gets around very well and has adjusted to its situation. Hopefully it makes it for the next 5 months. Along with the ducklings (and any roosters) I hope hatch from Bonnie's egg sitting, The 2 turkeys will be going to "Camp". I am looking for a different processor then we used before. The chickens came back off tasting & I am not the only one who had that to say about the place. So off I must go to search for another butchering facility....